The garden : a place for sharing
The garden is a place of predilection to provide for one's basic needs such as feeding and healing oneself with plants. By cultivating medicinal plants, we participate in the transmission of our heritage because we perpetuate the practices of our ancestors.
Nature is more and more endangered by human activity, with the constant increase of concrete cities and roads. By cultivating the garden, we offer protection against soil pollution.
But the selection of plants is essential in order to cultivate the most promising of them. Here is the proposal made by Naturopatandco with this classification of plants according to their medicinal virtues.
The plants of the digestive system
- Wormwood(Artemisia absinthium) : stimulates digestion by increasing the digestive juices;
- Angelica(Angelica archangelica) : facilitates digestion and soothes spasms of the intestine;
- Fennel(Foeniculum vulgare) : soothes digestive disorders (spasms, bloating, flatulence, pain, ...) ;
- Lemon balm(Melissa officinalis) : soothes digestive disorders related to stress and anxiety;
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) : plant that drains the entire digestive system;
- Licorice(Glycyrrhiza glabra) : protects and repairs the digestive system;
- Fragrant verbena(Verbena officinalis) : facilitates digestion and soothes digestive disorders (spasms, bloating, flatulence, pain, ...).
Plants for blood circulation
- Hawthorn(Crataegus monogyna) : the plant of the heart par excellence, it calms the rhythm and reinforces the contractions of the cardiac muscle;
- Blackcurrant(Ribes nigrum) : strengthens the blood vessels and stimulates blood circulation;
- Witch hazel(Hamamelis virginiana) : protects the veins and fights hemorrhoids;
- Blueberry(Vaccinium myrtillus) : protects small vessels, including those of the eyes;
- Small periwinkle(Vinca minor) : improves the irrigation of blood to the different tissues and organs of the body;
- Red vine(Vitis vinifera) : stimulates and protects blood circulation.
Plants for the nervous system and sleep
- Angelica(Angelica archangelica) : anti-stress plant, it improves sleep;
- Roman chamomile(Chamaemelum nobile) : sedative and relaxing action that promotes a state of tranquility conducive to sleep;
- Eschscholtzia(Eschscholzia californica) : helps to fall asleep;
- Fumitory(Fumaria officinalis) : calms stress;
- St. John's wort(Hypericum perforatum) : helps to stimulate the mood with an action on depression of minor to moderate severity;
- Passionflower(Passiflora incarnata) : strongly calms the mind and fights sleep disorders;
- Valerian(Valeriana officinalis) : soothes anxiety and improves sleep;
- Fragrant verbena(Verbena officinalis) : soothes anxiety and improves sleep.
Plants for the respiratory system
- White broth(Verbascum thapsus) : calms irritation coughs and accompanies wet coughs to free the respiratory tract;
- Borage(Borago officinalis) : relieves respiratory disorders;
- Marshmallow(Althaea officinalis) : relieves inflammation and irritation of the respiratory tract;
- Mallow(Malva sylvestris) : relieves inflammation and irritation of the respiratory tract;
- Myrtle(Myrtus communis) : fights infections, coughs and spasms of the respiratory tract;
- Violet(Viola odorata) : soothes irritation cough.
Plants of the endocrine system
- Yarrow(Achilleamillefolium) : regulates the menstrual cycle and reduces pain and bleeding;
- Hop(Humulus lupulus) : calms hot flashes and osteoporosis.
- Boldo(Peumus boldus) : stimulates liver activity and promotes bile secretion;
- Milk thistle(Silybum marianum) : a very effective plant to protect the liver and stimulate its regeneration;
- Fumitory(Fumaria officinalis) : helps to drain the liver and pancreas;
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) : a plant that drains and protects the liver.
- Borage(Borago officinalis) : helps eliminate toxins in the urine;
- Heather(Calluna vulgaris) : increases the volume of urine and helps fight bladder infections (cystitis);
- Blackcurrant(Ribes nigrum) : a plant which strongly increases the urines to eliminate the toxins of the organization;
- Meadowsweet(Filipendula ulmaria) : it detoxifies the body.
- Marshmallow(Althaea officinalis) : laxative plant which acts gently;
- Mallow(Malva sylvestris) : laxative plant that acts gently.
Plants for the skin
- Yarrow(Achilleamillefolium) : promotes the healing of ulcers and prevents bleeding;
- Aloe(Aloe vera) : promotes hydration and healing of the skin;
- Arnica(Arnica montana) : treats oedemas, bruises and superficial hemorrhages of the skin;
- Burdock(Arctium lappa) : drains the skin to facilitate the elimination of moist dermatoses;
- Wild pansy(Viola tricolor) : drains the skin to facilitate the elimination of dry dermatoses.
Plants that stimulate the immune system
- Blackcurrant(Ribes nigrum) : antioxidant action that eliminates free radicals (compounds harmful to the body);
- Rosehip(Rosa canina) : regenerates the body to fight fatigue and infections.
- Nettle(Urtica dioica) : remineralizing, it prevents the degradation of the cartilage of the articulations;
- Meadowsweet(Filipendula ulmaria) : very effective against joint pain and inflammation.
Updated on 16 May 2022 at 20:48