What is a condiment ?
In cooking, condiments, which include herbs, spices and aromatics, have many advantages. Deliciously scented, they enhance the flavor of many dishes and make even the most bland foods taste better. As part of a detoxification of the body, they have many medicinal virtues that are often unsuspected. Here are some examples.
Garlic : an ally for digestion
Garlic contains :
- sulfur compounds that stimulate the proper functioning of the liver ;
- Allicin and selenium that help eliminate waste;
- fibers that stimulate digestive function and the health of the intestines.
Detox tip : if you have trouble digesting it, choose young garlic, which is easier to digest.
Cinnamon : a global stimulant
The interest of cinnamon is that it :
- it boosts all the systems of elimination of waste : digestion, breathing, circulation;
- it protects the urinary system;
- it increases the antioxidant power thanks to the production of hepatic glutathione.
Detox tip : get into the habit of adding a pinch of it to all your savory and sweet dishes.
Turmeric : the digestive detoxifier
Turmeric is a precious ally of the liver :
- it protects the liver and allows its detoxification thanks to its antioxidants (including curcumin and glutathione);
- it stimulates the production of bile and accelerates the drainage of hepatic waste.
Detox tip : combine it with a little black pepper and vegetable oil to facilitate the absorption of its curcumin by the body.
Onion : an action on blood circulation
The onion has an action on several emunctories :
- it stimulates the elimination of toxins via the kidneys and its diuretic action;
- it purifies the blood thanks to its high phosphoric acid content;
- it guarantees the health of the intestinal flora and the functioning of the intestines thanks to its fibers.
Detox tip : get into the habit of adding a little onion to all your savory dishes.
Updated on 26 January 2023 at 09:13